What’s a Progressive Web Application?
A Progressive Web Application (or PWA in short) uses the web browser’s capabilities and technologies to deliver native app like experience even when the user is offline.
A Progressive Web App(PWA) is an all-in-one application that works on all devices, for all users. It’s the perfect crossover between a mobile app and the web world. The web app works like a native mobile app, without the need to publish it to any app store.
PWAs combine the loading speeds of mobile sites with the best functionality of a native app. A good PWA will fool users into thinking that they are using a native app!
In short, it’s a complete, future-proof replacement for your Mobile/Web App irrespective of the business you are in!
Why build a Progressive Web App?
Building a high-quality Progressive Web App has incredible benefits, making it easy to delight your users, grow engagement and increase conversions.
Here are the awesome benefits:
- Nothing to install like a native mobile app
- Reduces the app maintenance and development cost because of a
- No royalty to pay to Apple/Google to stay listed in their app store(s)
- Works offline or even in shaky 2G networks
- Can send push notifications which increases the user’s engagement
- Can be added to the smartphone’s home screen
- Immersive User Experience, feels like a native mobile app
- Fully secure, all the data served via HTTPS
- Always up-to-date, no need to nag the user!
“The web is a cheaper and easier place to build products and attract users. It’s also a place where you won’t live and die by the whims of Apple and Google’s app stores.”