What is Responsive Web Design?
RWD or Responsive Web Design solves the problem of designing for the multitude of devices whether it’s your tiny phone or your huge desktop monitors so that the user experience remains the same irrespective of the screen size.
It also solves the bigger problem of using a specific device having a specific screen size/resolution to experience any web content or a web app.
What’s a Progressive Web Application?
A Progressive Web Application (or PWA in short) uses the web browser’s capabilities and technologies to deliver native app like experience even when the user is offline.
A Progressive Web App(PWA) is an all-in-one application that works on all devices, for all users. It’s the perfect crossover between a mobile app and the web world. The web app works like a native mobile app, without the need to publish it to an app store.
PWAs combine the loading speeds of mobile sites with the best functionality of a native app. A good PWA will fool users into thinking that they are using a native app!
In short, it’s a complete, future-proof replacement for your Mobile/Web App irrespective of the business you are in!
Why build a Progressive Web App?
Building a high-quality Progressive Web App has incredible benefits, making it easy to delight your users, grow engagement and increase conversions.
Here are the awesome benefits:
- Nothing to install like a native mobile app
- Reduces the app maintenance and development cost because of a
- No royalty to pay to Apple/Google to stay listed in their app store(s)
- Works offline or even in shaky 2G networks
- Can send push notifications which increases the user’s engagement
- Can be added to the smartphone’s home screen
- Immersive User Experience, feels like a native mobile app
- Fully secure, all the data served via HTTPS
- Always up-to-date, no need to nag the user!
“The web is a cheaper and easier place to build products and attract users. It’s also a place where you won’t live and die by the whims of Apple and Google’s app stores.”